Thursday, February 19, 2026
  • Login
Asia News Observer
  • Home
  • J&K
  • Special
  • National
  • Health
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Asia News Observer
  • Home
  • J&K
  • Special
  • National
  • Health
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Plugin Install : Cart Icon need WooCommerce plugin to be installed.
Asia News Observer
No Result
View All Result
Home J&K

Will fill 30000 vacancies this year: CM Omar Abdullah

“Regularisation of dailwagers would begin in phased-manner; all tourist destinations will be reopened by May; No plans to privatise power distribution companies; Leases issue to be resolved”

Will fill 30000 vacancies this year: CM Omar Abdullah
Share on Facebook

Jammu, Feb 19: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday said that his government would work to fill 30000 vacancies this year.

Replying to the discussion on the Grants of departments under his charge, the Chief Minister, as per the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), said they would work to fill 30000 vacancies during the year.

“And once again, I repeat what I said in my budget speech. We have stated that this year we will work to fill around 30000 posts. There is no need to create new posts,” the CM said, adding that although they may have created only 600–700 posts, they have filled 6000–6500 posts.

The CM said the vacancies would be filled in a transparent and time‑bound manner.

RelatedPosts

J&K will be terrorism free soon, PM Modi led Govt committed to return of KPs: LG Sinha

“Our children are suffering”: Sajad Lone slams verification process

J&K’s properties in Delhi, Amritsar, Haryana under unauthorised control

“These are vacant posts, and we will work to fill them,” he said, reiterating that there is no need for creating new positions.

Defending employment through outsourcing, the CM said that many youth are earning a dignified livelihood through it.

“We are not counting outsourcing within our one‑lakh job target. I am not saying that you should include 20000 outsourced jobs in the one lakh figure. Consider it a bonus, because we do not treat outsourcing as a job,” he said.

The CM said his government would begin the regularisation process for daily‑wagers this year in a phased manner.

“We will work out a timetable and start the process this year,” he said.

He added that the committee set up by the government to address the issue of daily‑wagers could not complete its work within a year.

“I told the House (last year) that we would set up a committee under the Chief Secretary. We gave them six months, but they could not complete their work in that time. They asked for more time, and we agreed,” he said.

He said the reality is that no government has been able to resolve their issues.

He added that the PDP‑BJP government did nothing for daily‑wagers during its three‑and‑a‑half‑year tenure.

“They did almost nothing. Had they done something substantial, the problem would not have become so enormous,” he said.

The CM also said that all tourist destinations closed after the Baisaran Pahalgam terror incident would be reopened by May this year.

“Many of our destinations have already been reopened. I know some are still closed. I cannot say much here, but I can assure you that these matters have been discussed with the central government. You can assume that by May, all these destinations will be reopened,” he said.

The CM said they have no plans to privatise power distribution companies, known as DISCOMs.

“I want to assure the House that we have no intention to privatise power distribution companies. We need to improve their accounting and budgeting and provide more grant‑in‑aid to strengthen their financial health,” the CM said.

He said J&K has an 18,000 MW power potential, of which only 3000–3500 MW has been developed.

“Our intention is that in the next 2–3 years, we will add another 3000–3500 MW,” he said, with a long‑term goal of developing the remaining 11000 MW over the next 10–15 years.

On the issue of encroachments, the CM said that whenever action is taken against encroachers, it should begin with big land grabbers. “No one would say that there should be no action against encroachers. Sham Lal Sharma rightly said that when you have to use the bulldozer, you should start with the influential. I want to assure the House that whenever we have to use the bulldozer, we will begin with the big land grabbers who take refuge in political parties or hide behind them,” the CM said.

Regarding solid waste management, he said legacy waste is a serious issue across cities and addressing it would bring major benefits.

He announced that 2–3 major vertical housing projects would be launched in Jammu and Srinagar this year, with special focus on Economically Weaker Sections (EWS).

He also assured that issues related to leases and Ghair Mumkin Khads would be resolved during this financial year.

On issues raised regarding CDF and related matters, the Chief Minister assured MLAs that savings under the scheme belong entirely to them.

“This money is yours. These savings will not go back to the Treasury,” he said, adding that a special order would be issued for clarity.

On the Information Department, Omar Abdullah said there would be further rationalisation in advertisements, ensuring transparency based on circulation, readership, and reach—(KNO)

ShareTweetSend
Previous Post

J&K will be terrorism free soon, PM Modi led Govt committed to return of KPs: LG Sinha

Next Post

Govt making necessary arrangements to hold ULB elections in J&K

Related Posts

Voices of J&K youth now resonate in stadiums, not in streets: LG Sinha

J&K will be terrorism free soon, PM Modi led Govt committed to return of KPs: LG Sinha

February 19, 2026
Time for Omar Abdullah to seek return of Shawls, revise cloudless weather commentary: Sajad Lone

“Our children are suffering”: Sajad Lone slams verification process

February 19, 2026
Chris Gayle’s Sgr show steals spotlight, stadium transformed into dance floor

J&K’s properties in Delhi, Amritsar, Haryana under unauthorised control

February 19, 2026

Srinagar markets buzz with dates on arrival of Ramadan

February 18, 2026

Jammu and Kashmir storm into maiden Ranji Trophy final

February 18, 2026

EOW, Kashmir conducts raids in Shopian, Budgam in HDFC Bank fraud case, five employees nabbed

February 18, 2026

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube Telegram

About Us

Asia News Observer is a multimedia news portal based in Kashmir region of Jammu & Kashmir. We cover political, social and cultural dissent within the larger context of the conflict and its contours to provide an honest understanding of daily life.

NEWS BY TOPIC

  • Gaming / Technology
  • Health
  • International
  • J&K
  • Lead
  • National
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Special
  • Sports
  • Video

More Info

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • Team
  • Contact Us
  • About Us

© 2020 ASIA NEWS OBSERVER - DESIGNED BY BUUCKET

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • J&K
  • Special
  • National
  • Health
  • Sports

© 2020 ASIA NEWS OBSERVER - DESIGNED BY BUUCKET

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
error: Content is protected !!