Raja Syed Rather
Ganderbal, Aug 10: A cotton factory suffered heavy damaged after it went up in flames in Ganderbal district on Monday.
An official told news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) that fire broke out in the factory at around 3 PM and locals tried to douse of the fire.
Later, fire service officials reached the spot and doused the flames but couldn’t save the Cotton factory, officials said, adding that the cause of the fire is said to be short circuit.
They added that the owner of the factory is Ishaq Ahmed Qureshi S/O Mir Zamaan Qureshi , a local resident of Chantan ,Gulabpora area of Ganderbal.
Meanwhile, locals demanded that the owner must be compensated so that he can continue his work as he had acquired loan to raise loan to raise the factory—(KNO)