Top 20 Questions for Class IV & Account Assistant Exams
1. The valley originally was a huge lake. What was the name of the lake?
2. Which historian has given a great account of early history of Kashmir?
3. The ancient text in which the pre-history of kashmir is given is _________.
Ans. Nilmata Puran.
4. Which place did the huge historic lake Sitasar formed its boundary?
Ans. Baramulla (Varahmulla)
5. Which saint killed the demon Jalod Bowa so as to make people settle in valley?
Ans. Rishi Kashyap
6. The earliest name of Kashmir adopted by people from the name of Rishi Kashyap was?
Ans. Kashyap-Mar and Kashyap-Pura
7. What does the word ‘kashmir’ mean?
Ans. ‘ka’ meaning ‘water’ and shimeera ‘to desicate’. So ‘Kashmir’ implies ‘ land dedicated from water’
8. Famous chinese pilgrim Hein-Tsang who visited valley called the valley as:
9. The earliest name of the river Jhelum in sanskrit scripts is Ans. Vitasta
10. The period of rule of famous sultan Zain-ul-Abdeen is
Ans. 1420- 1470
11. The old city of Srinagar, Pandrethan was founded by ?
Ans. Ashoka. The earlier name of the city was Purandisthan.
12. Who is also believed to be Samudra Gupta of Kashmir?
Ans. Lalitaditya Muktapid (724 – 761 A.D.). Lalitaditya belonged to Karkota dynasty
13. What is the name of the work done by Kalhan that provides a detailed account of the history of Kashmir?
14. Parihaspur was the capital of kashmir in the reign of ?
Ans. King Lalitaditya
15. Who built the world famous sun temple (Martand) built on Mattan Karew?
16. Avantipur (Avantipura today) was the capital of kashmir during the reign of ?
Ans. Maharaja Avanti-verman.
17. Sopore was founded by __________ ?
18. Harsha ruled in kashmir from ?
Ans. 1089 to 1101 A.D
19. Kalhan completed Rajatrangini during the reign of ?
Ans. King Jaisimha
20. Who was the first lady ruler of Kashmir?