Applications are invited from Indian citizens for filling up of posts of Scientist ‘C’, ‘D’ and E levels in India Meteorological Department Ministry of Earth Sciences (Proper) on direct recruitment basis as per following details.
Nationality: Only Indian nationals are eligible.
Reservation: Relaxation in age and experience for SC/ST/OBC candidates will be as per GOI Rule.
Age limit (as on normal closing date): Relaxation for Government servants up to five years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government from time to time. This relaxation of 5 years is admissible to such Govt. servants who are working in posts which are in the same line or allied cadres and where a relationship could be established that the service already rendered in a particular post will be useful for the efficient discharge of the duties of the posts, recruitment to which has been advertised.
• Applications should be submitted online through www.imd.gov.in in the prescribed format.
• Applications that are not submitted in the prescribed format will not be considered.
• The candidate’s age should not exceed the age limit mentioned above as on date of closure of application. Experience will be counted from the date of acquiring the essential academic qualifications.
• The experience, relevant to the requirement of job or research or teaching will only be considered towards the total period of experience.
• Doctorate degree in the relevant field will count as 3 years of experience
• India Meteorological Department/Ministry of Earth Sciences reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process without assigning any reason thereof or vary the number of posts to be filled.
• Travel: No TA will be paid by Ministry for attending the Selection/Interview.
• IMD will not be responsible for any other arrangements.
• The names of candidates screened-in for interview before Selection Committee will be displayed at India Meteorological Department website.
• Scientists appointed shall be liable to serve anywhere in India and outside India.
Note: The post being scientific posts and are in grade above the lowest grade in Group ‘A'(Scientist B) of the service and are
therefore exempted from the purview of the reservation in terms of DoP&T OM No.9/02/73-Estt(SCT), dated 23rd June, 1975 and DoP&T OM No.36012/27/94-Estt(SCT) dated l3th May, 1994 and approval of Competent Authority has been obtained.
How to apply:
1) The candidates can apply for more than one post.
2) Application as per the Performa should be submitted within 42 days from the date of publication of Advertisement in Employment News.
3) Copies of certificates (self-attested) in support of educational qualification (10th Class Onwards), date of birth and experience, if any, should be uploaded with the application.
4) SC/ST/OBC certificate, if applicable, as per the prescribed format, should be uploaded with the application.
5) Applicants are also required to bring original certificates/documents for verification at the time of interview.
6) No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates who are not selected for appointment.
CANVASSING, IN ANY FORM, WILL RESULT IN DISQULIFICATION OF CANDIDATURE
The prescribed essential qualifications are minimum requirements and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. If the numbers of applications, received in response to advertisement are large, it will not be convenient or possible to call all candidates for interview. Hence, India Meteorological Department/ Ministry of earth Sciences may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview before Selection Board to the reasonable limit through screening process.
The criteria for screening of the applications will be based on candidates qualifying credentials against:
A) The essential requirements specified above,
B) Date of birth,
C) Completeness of the application in terms of providing accurate details and submission of the passport size photograph, and copies of the marks list, academic and experience certificates, signature,
D) Essential experience,
De Desirable qualification and experience as specified above,
F) Consistent academic performance at one or more levels etc. The candidates experience certificates should clearly specify whether they possess the experience / knowledge / skills / technology / software platform requested in the essential / desirable experience requirements against the post. The benchmark for screening the applications will be set by a committee constituted to screen the applications. The final selection of the Screened in candidate will be based on the candidate’s performance before the Selection Board. No correspondence will be entertained with candidates who are not called for interview/selected for appointment.
The last date for receipt of online application is 42 days (60 days for those in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh UT, Lahaul and Spiti District, Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep) from the date of publication of this advertisement in Employment News. For calculation of age of applicants, last date for receipt of online application is 42 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in Employment News (for all applicants irrespective of their place of present residence)
Posts : 54
Name of the Posts : Scientist C, D & E
Qualification : Degree, PG (Relevant Discipline)