Srinagar, Aug 27: The Government on Friday decided to reduce the syllabi of private candidates of secondary and higher secondary classes of Jammu and Kashmir by forty percent following the closure of schools in view of COVID-19 pandemic.
The news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) has learnt that the Jammu Kashmir Board of School Education (JKBOSE) has said, “In view of prevailing COVID-I9 pandemic, concession shall be awarded to the students of Classes 10th to 12th of annual-private, bi-annual examination in the forthcoming examination 2020-21 Kashmir Division, winter zone areas of Jammu division and UT of Ladakh as one time measure.”
According to the notification issued by the BOSE on Friday, the students appearing in these examinations shall have to attempt only 60 percent marks from the question papers which shall be treated as 100 percent at the time of evaluation.
BOSE also said that the score of students attempting less than 60 percent from the question paper shall be raised proportionately.
“The students should note that question papers will be set from the entire syllabus prescribed for the said examination. However, as the student has to attempt only 60 percent questions instead of attempting all the questions, thus, there is a resultant concession of 40 percent,” BOSE said.
Earlier this month, BOSE had reduced the syllabi of regular students of secondary and higher secondary classes of Jammu and Kashmir by thirty percent following the closure of schools in view of COVID-19 pandemic—(KNO)