Saturday, May 23, 2026
  • Login
Asia News Observer
  • Home
  • J&K
  • Special
  • National
  • Health
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Asia News Observer
  • Home
  • J&K
  • Special
  • National
  • Health
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Plugin Install : Cart Icon need WooCommerce plugin to be installed.
Asia News Observer
No Result
View All Result
Home National

J&K moving towards lasting peace, will be violence free by 2029: Amit Shah

Security situation in UT has improved after Article 370 abrogation; Terror-related violence has declined; Terms 2014‑2026 golden era for internal security

Centre to consider revoking AFSPA, plans to pull back troops from J&K in place: Amit Shah

File Photo

Share on Facebook

New Delhi, Feb 16: Asserting that Jammu and Kashmir would be violence free by 2029, Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday said that the Union Territory is moving towards lasting peace.

While addressing an event marking the 79th foundation day of Delhi Police in the National Capital, Shah, according to the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) said, “Nearly 80 percent of internal security challenges faced by the country prior to 2014, particularly in Jammu & Kashmir, the North-East, and Maoist-affected regions, have now been brought under control.”

“In Jammu & Kashmir the security situation is gradually improving following the abrogation of the region’s special status under Article 370. I can assure the countrymen that J&K and North-East would be free of violence by 2029,” Shah added.

He stated that terror-related violence, including gun violence and killings of civilians and security forces personnel, has declined sharply since the Centre revoked Article 370 and 35A from the erstwhile state.

RelatedPosts

Dialogue ends deadlock: Centre, Ladakh reach understanding on key issues

Petrol, diesel prices hiked by 90 paise per litre

Centre issues public health advisory on heatwave, stresses adequate hydration

In the North-East, he noted that nearly 20 peace agreements have been signed with insurgent groups, and over 10,000 youths have surrendered their arms and joined mainstream society.

He also said the period from 2014 to 2026 will be recorded as a golden era for India’s internal security, citing significant progress in Jammu & Kashmir, the North-East, and Maoist-affected regions.

Shah noted that prior to 2014, India faced major internal security challenges in these three regions, which had persisted for three to four decades. Since then, he said, measures undertaken by the government have substantially reduced violence.

“I am pleased to state that after the abrogation of Article 370, incidents of violence have declined by up to 80 per cent in Jammu & Kashmir, the North-East, and Maoist-affected areas. The day is not far when these regions will be free from violence,” Shah said.

He highlighted developments in the North-East, where over 10,000 youths have surrendered their arms and returned to mainstream society.

Shah said the government has signed more than 20 peace accords with insurgent groups, significantly contributing to regional stability.

Referring to the government’s progress in Maoist-affected areas, Shah said the administration is close to ending Maoist violence entirely by the March 2026 deadline.

ANNOUNCES 10 NEW INITIATIVES UNDER “SAFE CITY” PROJECT

Shah announced ten new initiatives under the “Safe City” project for the national capital. The Delhi Police Special Cell’s integrated headquarters will play a key role in counter-terror operations. About 2,100 AI-enabled cameras will soon be operational, forming part of a larger network of 10,000 cameras under the project. These will complement the 15,000 cameras already installed across Delhi.

He also highlighted steps to modernise the criminal justice system, including the introduction of three new laws aimed at increasing conviction rates to 75 to 80 percent. States such as Assam, Haryana, and Gujarat have already recorded conviction rate increases of more than 20 percent, he said.

Shah said the government’s priorities include building a “drug-free India,” countering cyber terrorism, and dismantling organised crime networks.

In 2025, nine gangsters were killed in encounters, while 32 gangsters who fled abroad are being monitored by Delhi Police Special Cell with support from central agencies.

The Home Minister also acknowledged the role of Delhi Police in handling previous security incidents, including the Parliament attack and the bomb blast near the Red Fort.

Acknowledging that challenges remain, the Home Minister said the Ministry of Home Affairs is focused on establishing a new security framework across the country. This includes creating a nationwide network of CCTV cameras and control rooms to combat narcotics, with appropriate legal backing, and modernising border security to prevent infiltration.

Shah also underlined the government’s plans to implement three new criminal law codes to strengthen the justice system and improve enforcement across states.

Expressing confidence in the ongoing efforts, he said the government aims to address remaining security challenges in all three regions before 2029—(KNO)

ShareTweetSend
Previous Post

X Outage in India: Thousands report issues with login, feed; company yet to react

Next Post

Tulip garden likely to open by March 15, weather key: Officials

Related Posts

GoI appoints State and District Consumer Disputes Redressal Commissions in Ladakh UT 

Dialogue ends deadlock: Centre, Ladakh reach understanding on key issues

May 22, 2026
Petrol pump sealed for overcharging in North Kashmir

Petrol, diesel prices hiked by 90 paise per litre

May 19, 2026
MeT says heatwave to continue for 5 days in J&K, urges people to drink lot of fluids

Centre issues public health advisory on heatwave, stresses adequate hydration

May 18, 2026

NEET-UG 2026 paper leak probe to be reviewed by Parliamentary panel on May 21

May 18, 2026

CBI arrests NEET paper leak ‘kingpin’ in Pune; chemistry prof shared questions in coaching classes

May 15, 2026

Petrol, diesel prices hiked by Rs 3 per litre each

May 15, 2026

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube Telegram

About Us

Asia News Observer is a multimedia news portal based in Kashmir region of Jammu & Kashmir. We cover political, social and cultural dissent within the larger context of the conflict and its contours to provide an honest understanding of daily life.

NEWS BY TOPIC

  • Gaming / Technology
  • Health
  • International
  • J&K
  • Lead
  • National
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Special
  • Sports
  • Video

More Info

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • Team
  • Contact Us
  • About Us

© 2020 ASIA NEWS OBSERVER - DESIGNED BY BUUCKET

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • J&K
  • Special
  • National
  • Health
  • Sports

© 2020 ASIA NEWS OBSERVER - DESIGNED BY BUUCKET

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
error: Content is protected !!