Thursday, August 20, 2026
  • Login
Asia News Observer
  • Home
  • J&K
  • Special
  • National
  • Health
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Asia News Observer
  • Home
  • J&K
  • Special
  • National
  • Health
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Plugin Install : Cart Icon need WooCommerce plugin to be installed.
Asia News Observer
No Result
View All Result
Home National

Cases against 25 persons having limited role in last year’s protests to be withdrawn, announces Ladakh Chief Secy  

Says preparation for Panchayat elections have begun, 1340 advertised posts filled

Cases against 25 persons having limited role in last year’s protests to be withdrawn, announces Ladakh Chief Secy  
Share on Facebook

RelatedPosts

“Security forces ripped apart ISI-Backed Shahzad Bhatti terror network”: HM Amit Shah

Independence Day 2026: 1,057 Police, Fire, HG&CD and Correctional Personnel Honoured with Gallantry & Service Medals

Parl panel recommends ‘integrated security and surveillance framework’ for tourist spots in J-K

Leh, Aug 20: Chief Secretary, Ladakh, Ashish Kundra on Thursday said that cases against 25 individuals found to have had limited or no involvement in last year’s protest in Ladakh would be withdrawn, with necessary closure proceedings undertaken in accordance with law.
Addressing a news conference here, Kundra, according to the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) said , “Cases against 25 individuals found to have had limited or no involvement would be withdrawn, with necessary closure proceedings undertaken in accordance with law.”
He informed that charge sheets have been filed against nine persons in cases where evidence was available, and that the matter would remain subject to proceedings before the competent courts.
The Chief Secretary outlined key government priorities, initiatives and important developments across various sectors. “Ladakh Administration is committed to transparent governance, timely implementation of reforms and continued engagement with the people and stakeholders of Ladakh,” he said.
1340 ADVERTISED POSTS FILLED
Briefing on the recruitment status, the Chief Secretary informed that 1,340 of the 1,609 advertised posts under the administrative recruitment process have been filled. In addition, 314 vacancies have been filled through the Departmental Promotion Committee (DPC) process.
He said recruitment to 302 Group B and Group C posts has been advertised, while the recruitment process for around 1,205 posts is expected to be taken forward in the coming weeks. Recruitment to 40 Sub-Inspector posts has also been initiated, while notifications for Teachers and Police Constables will be issued shortly.
On recruitment through UPSC and for professional posts, the Chief Secretary informed that 224 gazetted vacancies have been notified, including 125 Medical Officer posts, for which interviews are expected to commence next month.
He also apprised the reporters of recruitment and appointments in the teaching and higher education sectors, including Lecturers, Assistant Professors and Associate Professors, with several appointments completed and further recruitment processes scheduled in the coming months.
LADAKH NOW HAS SEVEN DISTRICTS
The Chief Secretary said Ladakh now has seven districts, with the administrative infrastructure, manpower and institutional arrangements being strengthened to ensure efficient and accessible governance. He said that new tehsils have been created in place of 17 Sub-Tehsils in several areas and requests from other areas for tehsil-level administrative arrangements will also be examined to ensure equitable and effective delivery of public services.
On the recently approved land-use change provisions, the Chief Secretary said a mechanism is being established to enable eligible landowners to use agricultural land for permissible non-agricultural purposes, including industrial and other productive activities. A dedicated portal is being developed to facilitate applications through a transparent and accessible process.
ANNOUNCES LG’S DECISIONTO REGULARISE LONG-PENDING NAUTOR LAND TENANCY RIGHTS
He also announced the decision of the Lieutenant Governor, Ladakh, to regularise long-pending Nautor land tenancy rights, including cases involving unauthorised allotments.
Draft rules for a one-time regularisation process have been prepared, under which the LAHDCs will be authorised to implement the process. The draft guidelines will be placed in the public domain for a prescribed period to invite suggestions and objections before finalisation.
Eligible Nautor land being used for commercial purposes, including hotels, shops and other establishments, will also be eligible for conversion of title on payment of prescribed land-use charges and other applicable dues, says the Chief Secretary. He emphasised that the process would provide clarity to affected landholders while ensuring that land-use changes remain regulated within the applicable legal framework.
4% RESERVATION FOR MERITORIOUS SPORTSPERSONS
Highlighting measures to promote sports, the Chief Secretary said the 4% reservation for meritorious sportspersons, along with recognition of achievements at national and international levels, is intended to encourage young athletes and provide greater opportunities for sporting talent in Ladakh. These measures will be complemented by efforts to strengthen sports infrastructure and promote sporting excellence.
On tourism, he said the sector has been brought within the ambit of industrial units. Under the joint regulatory notification issued by the Power Department, registered hotels, guest houses, resorts and homestays in Ladakh will be charged electricity at the industrial tariff. The measure is expected to reduce operational costs for the hospitality sector and support tourism and allied economic activities.
The Chief Secretary acknowledged the efforts of the Police and Anti-Narcotics teams in tackling drug abuse and stressed the need for sustained enforcement and coordinated preventive measures to protect the younger generation from substance abuse.
PREPARATIONS TO BEGIN FOR PANCHAYAT ELECTIONS
Providing an update on political developments, the Chief Secretary said a recent meeting involving representatives of the Apex Body and KDA, including former LAHDC leadership, was held with representatives of the Ministry of Home Affairs in Leh.
He said the Administration is making efforts to schedule a formal meeting of the Ladakh Sub-Committee with the Ministry of Home Affairs in New Delhi by or before the second week of September to discuss the demands and expectations placed before the Union Government and the broader framework being examined for Ladakh.
In a significant political development, the Chief Secretary also announced the decision of Administration to commence the preparations for the Panchayat elections in Ladakh. The State Election Commission will undertake preparation and revision of electoral rolls, followed by formal notification and other statutory processes. He emphasised that strengthening grassroots democracy remains an important priority and the Administration will work to ensure timely execution of the requisite legal, administrative and electoral processes at the earliest in coordination with the competent authorities—(KNO)
ShareTweetSend
Previous Post

Once a popular stop, Titanic Viewpoint now in state of neglect

Related Posts

Security review meeting on J&K to begin at Home Minister’s residence at 11 am

“Security forces ripped apart ISI-Backed Shahzad Bhatti terror network”: HM Amit Shah

August 17, 2026

Independence Day 2026: 1,057 Police, Fire, HG&CD and Correctional Personnel Honoured with Gallantry & Service Medals

August 14, 2026
Parl panel recommends ‘integrated security and surveillance framework’ for tourist spots in J-K

Parl panel recommends ‘integrated security and surveillance framework’ for tourist spots in J-K

August 10, 2026

No talks with Pakistan except on PoK, India will respond strongly to every threat: Rajnath Singh

July 26, 2026

Pralhad Joshi appointed as Education Minister after Pradhan resigns from post

July 25, 2026

Wangchuk alleges harassment at Safdarjung before shift to Medanta; hospital clarifies

July 25, 2026

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube Telegram

About Us

Asia News Observer is a multimedia news portal based in Kashmir region of Jammu & Kashmir. We cover political, social and cultural dissent within the larger context of the conflict and its contours to provide an honest understanding of daily life.

NEWS BY TOPIC

  • Gaming / Technology
  • Health
  • International
  • J&K
  • Lead
  • National
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Special
  • Sports
  • Video

More Info

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • Team
  • Contact Us
  • About Us

© 2020 ASIA NEWS OBSERVER - DESIGNED BY BUUCKET

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • J&K
  • Special
  • National
  • Health
  • Sports

© 2020 ASIA NEWS OBSERVER - DESIGNED BY BUUCKET

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
error: Content is protected !!